QA/QC Engineer for Fiber Optic Cable
Posted 2 years ago
- BE Electronics and telecommunication. Preferably with certification or MBA in Quality Management
- Candidates from optical fiber industry preferred.
- Good knowledge in Six Sigma & Lean Six Sigma Principle
- 10 years of experience with 5-7 years of heading the quality function in a similar industry
- Good knowledge in manufacturing processes and system related knowledge for quality process
- Deep understanding of the products, processes and practices of the business to plan and deliver the functional strategy
- Strategically contribute to the system development to minimize product failure or reprocess to reduce cost of poor quality and improve customer satisfaction
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES as QA/QC Engineer:
- Expert Knowledge in OTDR, Fiber termination.
- Testing and Rectification of Fiberized Routes using OTDR, VFL devices,LSPM (Light Source-Power Meter).
- Capable of splicing with minimum loss 0.00 Db.
- Responsible on Technical documents, policies and procedures, which the concise and clearly understood by different levels.
- Organize quality management meetings with superiors and department heads to determine the best way to run each department.
- Design the ISO audit schedule and allot responsibilities to the audit team.
- Perform testing of customer satisfaction and/or complaints regarding each service or product.
- Develop and refine SOPs, instruments and calibration
- Ensure of raw materials, intermediate, finished goods of all plants and utilities in unit to ensure conformance to the specifications and requirements
- Strengthening management systems like IMS, TQM, PSMS pertaining to Quality Function
- Responsible for day to day function and team management of QC & QA function at Plant levels
- Responsible for coordination and supervision of all inspection activities such as NDT, visual, dimensional, material, welding and painting inspections carried out in accordance with inspection plans with relative standard level of control in order to assure that contractual requirements are met
- Conducting visual inspection of welding and repairs of welding in accordance with procedures and code of practices.
- Verifying that approved welding procedure, methods and consumables are being used by qualified personnel on all areas of the projects.
- Inspects and supervise sites in projects of Fabrication and installation.
- Material Control, receiving Raw materials for production and arranging the same in the yard make inventory of material & dispatch complete job to the vendor.
- Independently supervise production process, machine shop, manufacturing & fabrication shop.
- Welding inspector visual and dimensions of steel structure, pipes & tank etc.
- Responsible to first piece and last piece approval in line inspection
|· Preparing QA/QC reports (Weekly and monthly reports)
- Conducting the in-process inspection chemical composition by spectrometer for the same. Conducting die correction for any non-conformity found in the casting Responsible for Final Inspection.
- Conducting Product Audit, Process Audit to reduce non-compliances & achieve customer satisfaction Maintain Documentation